2 Problems: Playing movies & username passwords

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jdaniel, Mar 19, 2010.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Ok I ripped a DVD I have in my collection into my Mac using hardbrake 32 bit.. I have 64 bit but supposedly for some reason it needed VLC 64 bit which apparently doesnt exist or something so I downloaded the 32 bit version.. when ripping i had 2 choices mpeg4 and encoding .264 or ffemp or whatever it is.. and .mkv and the same choice of encoding.

When I try ripping with the mkv the quality comes out rubbish like pixelated boxes and what not totally not watchable. 2 DVDs same thing.. so I deleted those and I used the mv4... I dont rem now what option that was but there were only 2 so anyways then it comes out ok. but then when i try to play it... like i do with my downloaded stuff (which i use movist- no problems) i get hiccups.. stops.. whatever u call those..i have to close everything i am running i.e transmission etc before it would play smoothly this is kind of weird i even switched it to high performance.

help ?

also some websites i save the username password saved but i must have did something and for that partcular site it doest have nor does it ask me to save anymore so how do i get it to prompt me again?
    thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

1. Handbrake 64-bit needs VLC 64-bit, which does exist.

Also Handbrake has a couple of presets which you can use, they are proven to deliver excellent results. MRoogle will give you many threads on this.

Have you taken a look at Activity Monitor and seen the CPU usage and Disk Activity?

How big is the resulting video anyway and how long?

2. Most webpages have a little "Remember Me" checkbox close to the login fields. Are there none for you?
    What specific sites don't save your login details anymore?

And which browser do you use?

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

yeah dsicovered they do have an older 64 bit version just not in the latest version so i re-did both applications in 64 bit now.

one mv4 vid is 1hr46mins at 916mb or something close.

i was referring to something within the mac os or safari that saves my passwords and autofills my usernames and passwords.

THANKS !!!!! :)

and pre-sets I will try to google but i dont even know what presets mean in hand brake but I will look.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

5. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

ok will try that next time i use handbrake