2 problems with Adobe Premiere Pro on Macbook Pro.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by equalsabracket, Feb 19, 2009.

1. equalsabracket macrumors regular

1. Adobe Premiere Pro often crashes when i'm doing something on it using my Macbook Pro. It doesn't lag and no other applications lag so i don't think it's a speed thing. It crashes when doing all sorts of activities and happens maybe once every 10-20 minutes. When it crashes, i have to force quit it then start it up again. The video i use is .mov format.

2. I think it's an issue with the trackpad compatibility with it since it doesn't really happen much when i'm using a normal mouse (when i use a normal mouse i sometimes still use the trackpad for 4 fingered gestures). Quite often i'll try playing the timeline by pressing the play button or by hitting space and it'll not play and i have to click on various random things (i don't see any sort of pattern emerging) and then click back to it and usually it'll go back to working.

Anybody know how to fix either of these 2 problems?

2. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

1. do you have enough RAM in your MBP? You might be pushing the notebook a bit too hard.

Also, do you have your media on an external hard drive connected via eSata or FW? If you run your files on the laptop HDD, it won't work as fast because you are pushing that drive too hard since it's playing back the media and running Premiere, OSX and all the other stuff you have open....

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Premiere always crashes it's normal.

I used it for like 7 years on all different types of systems always crashed all the time. Make sure you save after each edit. Premiere is good for developing turrets syndrome and picking up a smoking habit.

Try Final Cut Pro, it's pretty much the same interface but it's stable. (as stable as video editing can be).

4. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, will try that. Thanks.

5. eleven2brett macrumors regular

I haven't ever had the kind of problems with 1.5 on windows than I've had with CS3 and OSX. I have the constant crashing problem too. I would switch to Final Cut, but I'm just a hobbist who came into a cheap version of premier.