2 PS3's in one house: Controllers getting confused!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by marksummerton, Jan 2, 2010.

1. marksummerton macrumors newbie

recently i have moved into my girlfriends house from my student flat. i have bought my ps3 over and we have it set up upstairs. its all set up and connected to the wireless network and i can access the full PSN and play online no sweat.

HOWEVER

her brother has a ps3 downstairs. he can access the PSN and play online fine too. the problem is that his controllers cant seem to connect to his PS3 whereas mine can. the 4 flashing lights just continuously go and then turn off. plus when he connects his controllers via USB, the player 1 and 4 light light up. help? i really wanna kick his bum at COD4....

2. Nuck81 macrumors regular

Did you try holding down the PS button in the middle of the controller and changing the options there? You can assign controller slots and turn them on and off.

3. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I'm not really sure what to say here, I just spent all Christmas break with my brother having his PS3 in the room next to me and we did not have controller issues.

They released an optional firmware update (optional meaning you did not have to update to sign into PSN and play online) which solved my controller syncing issues. It's 3.15, run you software update. If you already have it, remove one of the PS3's and see if the issue continues.

4. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502

try pressing the reset button on the controller. i had this problem before, resetting the controller then the console did the trick.

does the controller connect when you have the usb cable connected?