2 qs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gaura Mohana, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Gaura Mohana, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011

Gaura Mohana macrumors regular

hi there
    2 month old MBP
    i just noticed 2 things
    1- There is a small gap on the plastic hinge side.. Visualize this "You are sitting facing the screen.. on the right side of the screen, where the plastic "hinge" touches the aluminim there is NO gap - a fingernail does not fit in.. On the left side however there is a small gap. Is this normal? The gap is only big enough to fit a fingernail in (in other words tiny) and it doesnt bother me, except im thinking that dust may go in there somehow
    Otherwise seems ok, no other problems at all

2- The magsafe port seems a little "big"
    Its charging fine - no problems
    but i can wiggle the charger up and down a little *push rather
    it keeps on charging, but it looks funny.. is this normal? is this there to compensate for the magnets or something?

thanks

2. mmduluth macrumors regular

Yes to both of your questions. Mine is the same way...I just never noticed till you pointed it out. :)

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Another tip from the FAQ of the forum is regarding the thread titles.

FAQ
    Follow that tip when posting and you're bound to get better and quicker responses.

Happy posting! :)

4. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

I have a small gap on the left side of my hinge... never even noticed it til i just looked and haven't noticed it on past unibodies, my guess is it's probably normal and nothing to worry about.

The power adapter is magnetic so yeah it will move around in there a little bit, nothing to worry about and you'll be thanking the magsafe the next time somebody trips over your power cable and doesn't take your $2,000 laptop to the floor with them. :D

5. Gaura Mohana thread starter macrumors regular

Correction - the Gap is on the left side --> cant edit my first post :)
    anyways thanks for posting
    good to know its normal :d

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Sure you can. Just press the Edit button to bring up a basic message edit screen. Then you can press the Advanced button to get more options, including the one to edit your thread title. :)

Attached Files:

7. Snesley Wipes macrumors regular

If the magsafe adapter was completely flush, it probably wouldn't pop out if you were to jerk it out from the top or bottom side...the play is functional.

8. Gaura Mohana thread starter macrumors regular

sorry.. i was getting logged out of MR automatically, so i didnt see the edit button