2 question. I just upgraded my iphone.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vandel212, Feb 23, 2010.

1. vandel212 macrumors newbie

First let me say I am a windows user. Anyways... I'm haveing an issue with my iphone 3G. I recently upgraded my phone from the 3.0 OS which was jailbroken to the new 3.1.3 OS. I did this with sn0wbreeze 1.5.1.

Here is what I did:
    I made the custom firmware and restored it to my phone. When it asked if my iphone was already jailbroken, I said yes. I said that because my 3.0 OS was jailbroken. So I restored the phone to the newly created firmware and now there is no cydia icon. So here are my questions.

Question 1:
    Is my phone jailbroken? I'm not etirely sure if it is jailbroken. I think it is, but I'm not sure.

Question 2:
    How do I get cydia on my iphone again?

Thanks

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

1. Don't use sn0wbreeze.
    2. Get a custom firmware made with PwnageTool and restore to that in recovery mode.
    3. Don't use sn0wbreeze.

3. vandel212 thread starter macrumors newbie

issue

one small issue. I'm a windows user. the pwnage tool is only for Mac users.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You will have to borrow a Mac or get an ipsw from the Internet. You could try redsn0w, point it to the 3.1.2 firmware and be sure to tell it you're already pwned. Don't know if it will work.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

My advice below :)
    1. Don't use sn0wbreeze.
    2. Don't use sn0wbreeze.
    3. Don't use sn0wbreeze.

6. vandel212 thread starter macrumors newbie

houh

wish I knew sn0wbreeze was such a terrible program. Do you think it might be better to downgrade to 3.1.2? then jailbreak it?

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

That would work, too. Be sure to downgrade using a custom firmware, though, so you don't upgrade your baseband to 5.11.07. You don't want to lose the ability to unlock with ultrasn0w; blacksn0w is much less reliable.

8. vandel212 thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed

Thanks, I'm not that interested in unlocking my phone because I get my phone service through AT&T. If I decide to get a different phone service at the end of my contract I'll most likely get some kind of andriod phone (As a programmer I support most things open source).

Any way all is good now. I used Redsn0w 0.9.3 with the 3.1.2 ipsw to jailbreak my 3.1.3 OS and it installed cydia. It works like a charm. Thanks for all the help guys.

Thank you,
    Randell