2 questions about iCloud and iTune Match/Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by SoYoung, Apr 8, 2016.

1. SoYoung macrumors 6502

Hi. I have two questions related on my subscription for icloud, apple music and iTunes Match.

1- i have the 1TB icloud plan for a while now and for money reasons, I'm considering to go to the 200GB plan. My question is : What happens if I have more than 200 GB stocked on the cloud? Do I need to clear up some files before changing my plan?

2- i have iTune Match for a couple of years now, my subscription ends in may. Of course it was before Apple Music comes and I'm subscribed to this service too. My question is : if I have a couples of albums not available at the iTune store, but they are in the cloud thanks to iTune Match, I can presume if I end my sub to Match, I will lose all the albums synced who are not in the iTune store library, right?

Thanks.

2. CruiseControl macrumors newbie

1) There should be a warning message pop-up when you choose to downgrade as to what will happen. I believe that they essentially freeze your iCloud storage (can't upload anything new, backup, etc) until you are below the storage limit. If you're not under within 30 days I believe they may delete files from their servers.

2) Your albums would remain in the cloud as long as you are subscribed to Apple Music but they become DRM'd to you're apple account vs. iTunes Match which maintains your DRM free copies.