2 questions about photo emailing.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joshwithachance, Dec 19, 2009.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

can you email more than one picture? i dont think so, but wanted to ask anyway.

and is there a way to attach a photo to an email instead of having to go into the gallery and then hit "email photo"? this is quite aggravating because you can't reply to emails with pictures...

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

First question: You can go into Photos.app and select multiple photos to email, but first you have to tap the icon at the bottom of the thumbnail screen. You can either copy and paste the selected photos into an email or use the email button at the bottom of the screen.

Second question: No, you cannot attach a photo from within Mail unless you copied it from a previous step.

3. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Also, there's a 4 photo limit when using the Share > Email option, but if you copy/paste into the email then there's no limit and I believe it's also formatted to the original size as well.

4. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

when copy & pasted my photo shrunk to 480x360 which is fine i guess.
    thanks for the info guys!

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

FWIW it's 5. I use this method (e-mailing) to put stuff on photobucket pretty routinely.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No, you've got it backwards. When you select "share" or "send to e-mail" THAT's when it shrinks it.

If you actually copy and paste it you get the original size.

7. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

okay so i just tried it again with a different photo and when i copy the photo and then paste it in an email it is 480x360 when received...