2 Questions and a Comment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rugmankc, Dec 18, 2014.

1. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Hope this is right Forum?

1. Under Settings/Keychain Advanced. Is there another way to verify your Security Code to turn Keychain back on after a reset. Only option is with SMS. I don't use that and my son pays a small amount per text. Hate using his number. Why does Apple assume everyone has texting on their account. Should be another option.

2. I did not update to 8.1.2 as some had their tones messed up and mine are fine atm. But, I don't think would effect my issue. My phone is no longer recognized when I log into iCloud and click on iCloud Drive. It says I need to be signed in and I am. Is iCloud Drive now mandatory as opposed to just iCloud. Is that my problem. I don't want Drive as too many posted issues. I use Dropbox/iPhoto and Wondershare TunesGo Retro for manual control. I can reset phone as last resort. But, will lose Keychain as mentioned.

3. Has been great with exception of iTunes. But, I don't seem to be alone. My son uses Match and happy. Will talk to him on that the Holidays on its details. But, not sure I want to pay 30.00 a year--:(

Thanks

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

As far as the SMS issue goes, I don't think it's s much Apple assuming and more just a security issue. If you have the phone that you supposedly have it should be able to receive the message at that number. It's the reason Apple doesn't allow it to be sent via iMessage, I assume. I suppose they could set up an automated option where you get a robot to call you and speak the key to you. For whatever reason they haven't gone that route.

As far as drive is concerned, it is niether a requirement nor should it matter you are on 8.1.1. My mom on her 5S is on the same and is unaffected.

3. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

I will look farther into Drive or have my son look at it. This just happened. Too bad, I spent a lot of time putting a Media folder there that duplicated my iPhone Photos. Thought it would be a backup--:rolleyes:

I don't have text on my phone. I have it blocked with ATT. We don't use it. So, assume I can't receive the SMS on my phone.

4. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

Why would you disable the text messaging? It's one of the most basic functions of the device.

5. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

It's not on my plan unless I pay 20.00 dollars a month. My wife doesn't
    even have a Smartphone. I use iMessage with one son the other is not a frequent socializer of any type. If my wife gets a Smartphone, which I doubt, we would have it has part of package. :)

6. XmeX macrumors regular

Why you don't disable the calls option as well ?

However, i never received the verification code by SMS thats why i disabled this option

7. rugmankc thread starter Contributor

rugmankc

Are you saying just turn "Approve with Security Code" off?

Any downside to that--?