2 questions before i jail brake

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ipodtouchelper, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ipodtouchelper macrumors newbie

ipodtouchelper

Now I have a ipod 2g running 2.2.1 and im a hacker, sooooo i want to hack it :D

but im worried :(

now i want to do it on my brothers computer but if i do that and bring back home and my itunes syncs it will i lose my jail brake
    and if i want to restore my ipod i know i can just restore using itunes but if I jail brake on my bros computer and sync it with my computer (if it dosent send it back to reguler firm ware) can i restore on my computer then or will there be no restore data on that computer and need to do it on my brothers.

I'd really apriciate it if some one helped and thanks on advanced. :apple: to all

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Really simple. You have reservations about it, then don't do it.

To have doubts about it, and to do it anyway would be stupid.

3. ipodtouchelper thread starter macrumors newbie

ipodtouchelper

i dont have doubts im just asking 1 question befor i do it i really want to do it just making sure geez

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think what synth3tik was suggesting is that the answers to your questions are easily available if you do a little research -- read through jailbreak guides, read other forum threads about jailbreak -- and if you did the research and you still "have doubts" about what are the correct answers, then maybe you shouldn't do it.

5. ipodtouchelper thread starter macrumors newbie

ipodtouchelper

actylu i had doubts doing it on my brothers computer ill just do it on my computer thats all

6. i-do macrumors member

listen you can jailbrake on your brothers computer and then sync with yours (thats what i did:D) about the restore what i think is that you just need to make a custom firmware on your computer or that if you only sync it to your brothers computer with the settings you had before...(if its possible)so ypu can restore and go back to your computer.....

lol...i never needed to restore my ipod...:D:apple:

hope i helped....

7. cdude42 macrumors newbie

I had my doubts too, yes at first when something goes wrong, its FREAKIN SCARY. But you can do a restore and it will be fine. The only bad thing would be if you dropped it, spilled water ect. And then you couldnt restore before you sent it in to apple to get it restored. But they wouldnt accept it because it was jailbroken, and jailbreaking voids the warranty. But im still awesome with it. Still works after my third day jailbroken.(im running 2.2.1 and the rumors about jailbreaking every time you restart or sync are NOT true. A good jailbreaker is quickfreedom, very simple interface. My GRANDMA could do this in 10 minutes.) But my advice is that if you have doubts, research it some more. But YES JAILBREAK. It is SOOOO much better.