2 Questions... HTML & Meta Tags for iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by esfuller, Jan 13, 2010.

1. esfuller macrumors newbie

I have worked hard at creating my businesses webpage with iWeb and now and have a hard time getting it recognized by Google and other search engines. I have an immediate problem and a secondary.

First...
    I am working with Google Webmaster Central and they are trying to verify that I am the owner of the site. I have two options--insert a meta tag on my homepage or upload an HTML file.

After working through the Help menu, I was able to figure out how to add HTML snippets from the media bar. However, when I update the website, and go to the link they ask me to go for, it is not recognized as having it on the page.

I think the problem is this: I am putting it on the page, but the directions from google have a very specific area that they want it in the code.

So, is there any way of seeing the code so that I can literally copy and paste it in there? I can't seem to figure it out.

Second:
    I want to add meta tags to increase organic search results but have no clue how to with iWeb. How do I add a meta tag?

Here is my website: www.newfangledeats.com

Thanks!

Scot

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Google: iweb seo

iWeb won't let you add the needed HTML meta tag from the program. It would need to be added after you publish the files. Look at iWeb SEO Tool from Rage. It can help add meta tags as well as help you with SEO.