2 Questions I need Answered Please!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ThirtyThr33, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

1) If I buy from Apple.com will I still get the student discount and $100 iTunes gift card? The Apple Store nearest me does not carry the laptop I want and I need to buy online but I still want all the perks.

2) A friend of mine had a macbook pro 13" and has since then got a HP laptop and got rid of his macbook, and long story short he gave me his copy of apple care. It is still in it's shrinkwrap and still has the price tag on it. He gave it to me to use on my macbook pro but as much as I appreciate his generosity I want to get a macbook pro 15" and the apple care disk box says "macbook pro 13in".... So can I somehow sell it? Or did it get registered to his mac specifically when he bought it even though its still in it's case?

Thank you!

2. howardnow macrumors member

1) Yes, you do get the same perks at Apple.com

2) A bit of a tough one. I did not open my Apple Care box because I bought it together with my MBP thinking it was registered automatically. Went in to Genius bar recently after owning it for 2.5 years and found out it wasn't registered. I had my receipt so the helped me out and gave me a new battery (which isn't really covered by Applecare, but they did it anyway).
    I would simply ask Apple (in person or over the phone if the 13" Applecare can be transferred to you and upgraded. Hopefully they will give you a break as long as it was not previously registered.

3. ThirtyThr33 thread starter macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Sweet sounds good. Thank you for your reply I will check with apple soon