2 Questions, MacRumors!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by .fred, Nov 14, 2007.

1. .fred macrumors regular

Hey MacRumors!

I've got two questions:

Growl

Firstly, Can Growl Work with most Mac applications? Under System Preferences, There doesn't seem to be a "+" sign to add applications. How do i do this?

Any Application to do this?

Ok, this may seem superhuman,lol. Is there a app out there for Mac which can enable some apps to continue running while the computer is on sleep mode? Definitely cool. ;)

Please help me out!

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

1. Growl can work with apps it supports directly or those for which there are plugins available - if you check the Growl web site you'll find info on a wide range of plugins under the 'Applications' link

2. uh. no. If the computer is sleeping it's not processing anything. If it's running an application - ANY application, it's not asleep.... :rolleyes:

You can, of course, set the screen and hard drive to sleep without sleeping the whole machine, which is generally a good compromise between energy saving and accessibility. Take a look in the Energy Saver prefpane

3. .fred thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply,Mate!

1. I see, I thought all apps would work..

2.But the processors would still be running,wouldn't they?

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

2. nup!

thats why you shouldnt have to shut down you mac all the time! just put it to bed and let him sleep :lol:

5. mpw Guest

I don't know of any such app..... but I can sell you a MacBook that'll do what you want. ;) :( :mad: