Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.fred

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Hey MacRumors!

I've got two questions:

Growl

Firstly, Can Growl Work with most Mac applications? Under System Preferences, There doesn't seem to be a "+" sign to add applications. How do i do this?

Any Application to do this?

Ok, this may seem superhuman,lol. Is there a app out there for Mac which can enable some apps to continue running while the computer is on sleep mode? Definitely cool. ;)

Please help me out!

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
1. Growl can work with apps it supports directly or those for which there are plugins available - if you check the Growl web site you'll find info on a wide range of plugins under the 'Applications' link

2. uh. no. If the computer is sleeping it's not processing anything. If it's running an application - ANY application, it's not asleep.... :rolleyes:

You can, of course, set the screen and hard drive to sleep without sleeping the whole machine, which is generally a good compromise between energy saving and accessibility. Take a look in the Energy Saver prefpane

.fred

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Thanks for your reply,Mate!

1. I see, I thought all apps would work..

2.But the processors would still be running,wouldn't they?

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
...Any Application to do this?

Ok, this may seem superhuman,lol. Is there a app out there for Mac which can enable some apps to continue running while the computer is on sleep mode? Definitely cool. ;)

Please help me out!
I don't know of any such app..... but I can sell you a MacBook that'll do what you want. ;) :( :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.