2 Questions - Mail and Keyboard/Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by agentphish, Aug 20, 2008.

1. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

My Fiancee is displeased with the way Leopard runs on her Powerbook G4 1.67, strange because it runs fine on my 1.5...

Anyway, one big factor in her wanting to convert back to Tiger ("where I had no problems") is that her Trackpad OFTEN does not work when the notebook wakes from sleep. It can take as long as 20-30 seconds to come alive. Same with the keyboard but not as often... I had heard about this problem around Leopard Launch, but not really much since.

1. Was there a fix for this problem? Or does anyone have suggestions on something I could try to fix this?

2. We keep good backups, we're graphic designers, so we have to, but in the event that I go ahead and revert her to a fresh install of Tiger, does anyone know if I backup her LEOPARD mail, wipe her machine and then dinstall TIGER, will I be able to import the mail I backed up fro 10.5 into mail in 10.4? Or perhaps into Thunderbird?

Thanks!

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I think a software update fixed this problem, but as for mail, I think as long as the mail was used with leopard-mail-only features, it should be fine. if you used leopard mail features and want to revert to tiger, i think there mayb some compatibility issues.