2 questions, on GB storage and data plan

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by toddpruzan, Aug 22, 2011.

1. toddpruzan macrumors newbie

Hey, smart people. Please indulge me in two super-basic iPad questions, as I'm getting ready to buy my first.

1. With iCloud coming, how much storage do you recommend? 16GB, 32GB, 64GB?

I ask because almost all of the storage on my 32GB iPhone is now dedicated to music and photos—no books, no downloaded movies or TV—and I'm hoping that iCloud will make it unnecessary to store all these files locally on my iPhone or my iPad: that I can just keep them on my desktop and in the cloud. In which case, I might go minimal with a 16GB iPad. Or do I have my whole iCloud thinking wrong?

2. I've already got a cellular data plan for my family's iPhones. Can I add my iPad to that account, or do I need a separate plan for it?

Thanks for your help.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I suggest getting the 32Gb iPad, even if you don't use the extra space, its good to have it around. The iPad data plan is dependent on your country and carrier. In the US with Verizon and AT&T you have to get a monthly separate data plan.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

iCloud won't stream your music so it won't really help your issue. I'd at least get the 32. I've learned to always buy the middle-high end as you can't add space later. It's better to have more, than not enough.

4. toddpruzan thread starter macrumors newbie

iCloud won't stream my music? I'd thought that was the entire point of it. Or one entire point, anyway.

Or do you just mean that if I want to hear music that's not in my iPad/iPhone and I'm not in a wi-fi spot, I'll be racking up data charges?