2 Questions pretty simple to answer i think...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by butlertotheb, Nov 6, 2007.

1. butlertotheb macrumors member

butlertotheb

Basically the first is in finder when you go into a folder i want to push backspace to go back to the previous folder but obviously backspace doesn't work to go to the last folder you were in. Is their a keyboard shortcut to do this?

2nd I have noticed in firefox and safari when I am filling out information and stuff on a site and push tab to go to the next box instead of using the mouse it skips over drop down menus and most of the submit buttons. Is their a way to enable this so when I push tab the drop down menu is selected(like in windows). Thanks!

2. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Command-[ goes back, Command-] goes forward. If you want to know other keyboard shortcuts for navigating, take a look at the contents of the Finder "Go" Menu.

3. eleanorrigby macrumors newbie

Safari: Option-tab does the job, or you can change the settings in Preferences -> Advanced -> Press Tab to highlight each item on a webpage

Firefox: dunno

4. butlertotheb thread starter macrumors member

butlertotheb

5. TheStu macrumors 65816

IN the System Preferences -> Keyboard&Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts Tab, you can define any and all keyboard shortcuts that you like. Also, unless I am mistaken, the Apple HIG (Human Interface Guidelines) dictate that any keyboard shortcut you define will override any define by the application or system initially.

So, in DVD Player in Tiger, Command+0 (By the way, does anyone know the keycommand for the Command symbol?) would fullscreen the movie, even though Command+F was the full screen command in every other single stinking video player on OS X. So I redefined it to Command+F, and bam, no more Command+0

6. bigiffo macrumors member

In Leopard Command+F does do fullscreen. Command+0 makes it half-size.

7. TheStu macrumors 65816

Yea, I found that out, but that is why I said that it was DVD Player in Tiger.