2 questions regarding MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jul 11, 2008.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

1. i can't get MM to sync iCal on my mbp. i made changes on the phone and it changed it on the web, but no mbp. did i miss a step?

2. how do you log out of MM? i only see a sync button on the top right corner, but no "log out" like there was in .mac

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

1. I've noticed that the web interface and my iphone sync/push pretty quickly in the calendar, but it is definitely slow to push to iCal on my MB. It does push eventually though.

2. On the account tab of MM in sys prefs, there's a sign out button.

3. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

1. hmmm....i made the changes about 30 minutes ago. did yours take that longer than that?

2. ok, but what if i were to access MM from another computer (say work) and after i was done, wanted to log out....am i able to or does it log you out after you close the browser?

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

1. definitely didn't take that long. it has gotten quicker as the day has progressed. the first time i tried it was taking a long time and i gave up and deleted the event i was trying to push out of spite. now, i'd say it takes several minutes.

2. are you talking about through the web browser?

5. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

there's a power off logo on the top right of every screen - that logs you out

6. 03sho macrumors 6502a

I got a question regarding the @me e-mail.

Can I just get the @me e-mail for free and nothing else?

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

probably just like with .mac, if you sign up for a trial (though now you have to supply a credit card and cancel before the trial is over if you don't want to be charged) you get to keep the @me afterwards. but you won't be able to use the email account. it only works for signing into iChat.

8. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

if youre having trouble with push, its probably because mobileme is still having problems. my push is on and off.

9. spinstorm macrumors 65816

When I first got my 3G this afternoon I could not sync with iTunes as it would not activate and mobileme saved me - almost immediately all my contacts were there like magic!

I emailed myself and within 10 seconds it came through but as the day has got on the push email has become slower and slower and now nothing is getting pushed at all!

Is it me or do others out there have the same issue?