2 questions to USA iPhone owners....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Manj27, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Manj27 macrumors member

2 quick questions to the US iPhone folks:

(i) When did Apple start promoting/advertising the iPhone in advance of 29 June Launch? (a month before? weeks before?)...in the UK we have around 5 weeks left but no promotion as yet.

(ii) can 2 iPhones be used on one PC computer to sync music, contacts etc (of course each phone will have its own liking of music and contacts etc)??

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

(i) Commercials started back during the Super Bowl in January, no? Maybe someone else can recall when they ramped up.

(ii) Yes, iTunes handles multiple iPhones on the same computer as well as it does multiple iPods on the same computer.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i. the first advertisement for the iphone came at the oscars in late february. it was merely a teaser promotion (the "hello" ad). the real advertising, the ads you see on their website, came the month of release. apple previewed ads for the uk market at their uk event last month (similar to the US ads).

ii. i think so, but i'm not 100% sure. i think it's like having multiple ipods. you can certainly have multiple ipods on one computer, why not multiple iphones?

4. cmaier macrumors G3

You can definitely sync two iphones to one computer. I actually sync 2 to 3, like this:

iphone1 -> contacts, calendar, bookmarks from laptop1
    music, video, photos from desktop

iphone2 -> contacts, calendar, bookmarks from laptop2
    music, video, photos from desktop

On the desktop, I specify that each phone syncs to different desktop playlists, and takes different folders of photos and different movies.

It all works fine. Since music doesn't change as frequently as the other data, I usually sync with the laptops, and sync with the desktop only when I've got new music on one of the phones (wi-fi store) or on the desktop.

I'm even using three different versions if itunes (not for any particular reason; too lazy to constantly update) and it all works fine.

5. Manj27 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks every1 for the replies - like always very helpful.