2 questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brentg33, Dec 3, 2007.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    Im running 10.5.1 and so far, so good...just two little things i want to run by the kind people here. 1st, i never have the option on to hide my dock when not in use....but last night it seemed to disappear...not sure how...i had to log out in order to get it back...but since that, hasnt happened again. 2nd, i was running photobooth (w/ the added effects offered to DL on the apple site) and it unexpectedly quit, and while i have had that before, this was the first time the error said it might have something to do with my perian plug in. I checked to see if i was running the most current version of perian, and i am.....has anyone else had either of these two issues? and if so, what can i do?

thanks
    brent

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I haven't had those particular issues, but they sound like bugs in Leopard, or maybe Perian, and you will just have to wait for updates to fix those problems.

3. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Arne macrumors regular

I have had the Dock-Bug happen to me, too. If it happens and you don't want to log out, you can launch the Terminal using Spotlight and then type

killall -9 Dock

and hit return. The Dock will come back but you can leave all Apps running.

5. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the tip? does this bug happen a lot to you?? and are you running 10.5.1?

thanks
    brent

6. TheStu macrumors 65816

What does the -9 do?

I've only ever had to do killall Dock.