Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
I was looking at the weekend deals and saw Madballs in Babo Invasion. It offered to allow the user to download the demo. I checked the Steam forum and saw someone said that the demo was not available for Mac but that was much earlier today so I downloaded it just now and not until I launched it, it said that the demo was unavailable for Mac.

Is there a way to check if the demo is available for Mac before I download it? Kinda strange the Steam UI doesn't recognize it's the Mac version and blocks the option to download it.

Now that I have this useless demo downloaded is there a way I can remove it from my Mac? I'm running Snow Leopard. Thanks.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Right click on it and choose "delete local content."

If you do a search for "madballs demo," in the list you will see that it only has a windows icon. Of course, when you click on it the page doesn't mention that the demo is only for windows. Very confusing.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Right click on it and choose "delete local content."

If you do a search for "madballs demo," in the list you will see that it only has a windows icon. Of course, when you click on it the page doesn't mention that the demo is only for windows. Very confusing.

Thanks for your help, since Steam is still new on the Mac I will just search for the demo as you suggested first to confirm that the demo is for Mac and PC. Steam has some work to do, there's a lot of little kinks in the system.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
I asked a few days ago but no one responded. Would anyone know how to remove/uninstall a Steam game on my Mac? I downloaded a demo game only to find out it was for Windows only. The demo didn't state that it was for Windows before the download. Now I want to remove it. Could someone please give me the steps? I'm on Snow Leopard. :)

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Right-click on the game in your Steam list and choose "Delete local content," as I said above.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Right-click on the game in your Steam list and choose "Delete local content," as I said above.

Oh man, sorry about that. I swear I read your post 5 times and I didn't see it. Thanks much again. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.