2 ?'s about iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rye9, Jun 20, 2008.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

1) Can it do what I want it to do? I'd like to compose a video of hundreds of pictures and set them to music. I know my friends do this with windows movie maker.

2) I deleted this when I first got my iBook... how do I retrieve it?

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I believe it can, but I always just use iPhoto for slideshows as it makes it really easy. Just create a slideshow and add your photos and choose a song. Then export to a QuickTime movie. iMovie makes you add the pics to the project and then drag them to the timeline and you have to set the length you want them displayed beforehand or you will need to adjust each one individually.

As for getting it back you can use your restore disks or download iMovie HD from Apple's website. They made it a free download after they released iMovie '08 which I don't think will run on your iBook.

3. akm3 macrumors 68020

Yes it does this fantastically. iPhoto does slideshows, but you have so much more control with iMovie of the specific cropping, effects, ken-burns, transitions, titles, etc.

iMovie was *made* for this function and is awesome for it.

Question2: To get it back just reinstall from your original disks-doing that shouldn't break anything else.
    If you don't have it, you'd have to have an iLife 08 retail disk. (assuming you are talking about iMovie 08)

4. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

if you have imovie 08 you can make a picture movie. its really easy, you just drag the image into the thing. then copy and paste it until it is the length of the audio you want in . Then drag in the audio piece.
    you can download imovie 08 as a torrent if you dont already have it :D

5. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Alright so I used iPhoto to make a slideshow of 202 pictures, and the file size is 133 MB (large???) and I uploaded it to Youtube and it's very blurry. Help?

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

That'll be the joys of YouTube compression.

7. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

:mad: Well, where/how I can I upload it to prevent this? It's a slideshow of my past four high school years so it's pretty important to me and my friends, and this blurry quality sucks. Also, how can I reduce the file size?

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

there is an app called pulp motion (http://www.aquafadas.com/en/pulpmotion/) which is for creating animated slideshows and integrates with life very well if you want something a little different, also if you have iwork, (even the trial) you can do some funk animated transitions with keynote and export to a quicktime, so you are not limited to imovie and iphoto.

9. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Alright sweet thanks, but how can I project the video online for others to view clearly? That's my issue; on YouTube it's blurry. On my Mac though, it's clear as a bell.

10. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

if you have a .mac account you can upload better quality video than youtube, other than that i think most video sharing sites are quite low quality