2 Simple FF3 Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nope7308, Feb 4, 2009.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

1) Is there a Firefox preloader for Mac? Apparently, there is one for windows and it really reduces start up time.

2) Is there a skin for Firefox that makes it look like Safari? The only Safari theme I found is not compatible with FF3.

Thanks for the help!

2. kepardue macrumors 6502

1 - I just have firefox start upon login and leave it running in the dock. It takes a while to start the first time, sure, but just leaving it running in the dock makes things zippy.

2 - Fission combines the address bar and progress bar. The Firefox PDF Plugin for Mac OS X displays PDF's in the browser, just like Safari. Try out the various GrApple themes. That's about as close as you're going to get to Safari without using Safari itself.

3. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

Yes, I leave it in the dock as well, but I'm very impatient that first time :rolleyes:

Thanks for the other recommendations. I already have the PDF Plugin, I don't care for the progress bar, and I'll give GrApple a shot.

EDIT:
    Just checked out GrApple and there's a ton of different themes (e.g. graphite, blue, yummy, delicious, etc.), yet all the screenshots look the same. What is the difference between them? Sorry for my ignorance!

4. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

I use the GrApple (Blue) theme and I absolutely love it. Sometimes I even forget I'm using FF3 :)

5. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

OK, I've noticed that GrApple (Delicious) has larger "X" icons on the tabs, making me prefer GrApple (Yummy).

Now, what the hell is the difference between GrApple (Blue) and GrApple (Graphite)? I've installed both and they look indistinguishable.