2 ssd's, dual booting and bootrom questions

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Autistic Behaviour, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Autistic Behaviour macrumors member

Autistic Behaviour

I've got 2 ssd's in my 13" mid 2012 mbp. One running yosemite 10.10.5, the other, running all the 10.11 betas. With some of the beta updates, came bootrom version upgrades (firmware). My question is: Is it ok to run the yosemite partition (for example) with the "newer" bootrom version, meant for el cap, lets say?
    Because when I boot in yosemite, it shows the same, upgraded bootrom version installed by newest el cap beta....

2. Autistic Behaviour thread starter macrumors member

Autistic Behaviour

3. wongder macrumors newbie

Don't know about specifics of your question, but after upgrading from yosemite to el capitan, my early 2011 mbp 15" doesn't see my second internal ssd.

4. Autistic Behaviour thread starter macrumors member

Autistic Behaviour

mmm. I haven't had that trouble. Is your 2nd ssd bootable ( OS installed on it) ? Have you checked in Disk Utility (I suppose you have, but...) ?

I've had no problems with my dual boot. I was just wondering if my OS would be less stable if it uses the "wrong" bootrom for that particular version of OS.

5. wongder macrumors newbie

My second ssd is not bootable. I shutdown and will login today to see if it's ok or if appears in disk util and will trouble shoot from there.

Personally, there's more issues with el capitan than i think 'good'....back to your question, mixing yosemite with el capitan sounds problematic.