Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Autistic Behaviour

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
montreal
I've got 2 ssd's in my 13" mid 2012 mbp. One running yosemite 10.10.5, the other, running all the 10.11 betas. With some of the beta updates, came bootrom version upgrades (firmware). My question is: Is it ok to run the yosemite partition (for example) with the "newer" bootrom version, meant for el cap, lets say?
Because when I boot in yosemite, it shows the same, upgraded bootrom version installed by newest el cap beta....

Autistic Behaviour

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
montreal
mmm. I haven't had that trouble. Is your 2nd ssd bootable ( OS installed on it) ? Have you checked in Disk Utility (I suppose you have, but...) ?

I've had no problems with my dual boot. I was just wondering if my OS would be less stable if it uses the "wrong" bootrom for that particular version of OS.

wongder

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
mmm. I haven't had that trouble. Is your 2nd ssd bootable ( OS installed on it) ? Have you checked in Disk Utility (I suppose you have, but...) ?

I've had no problems with my dual boot. I was just wondering if my OS would be less stable if it uses the "wrong" bootrom for that particular version of OS.

My second ssd is not bootable. I shutdown and will login today to see if it's ok or if appears in disk util and will trouble shoot from there.

Personally, there's more issues with el capitan than i think 'good'....back to your question, mixing yosemite with el capitan sounds problematic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.