2 SYNC Questions About iPHONE.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DEAN616, Jan 21, 2009.

1. DEAN616 macrumors member

Im new to the iphone. Just got it after having the touch. Love both.

question 1. Is there a way to delete the songs from my itunes library on my mac without them disappearing from my iphone library after i so a sync? I don't want to load my mac up with music i don't listen to on my mac.

question 2. Is there a way to sync my mac up from my iphone, meaning, if i add calendar meetings and address book numbers on my iphone can they be synced onto my mac. I know it works the other way around but i mostly add numbers on my phone not the other way.

Thanks in advance.

2. jobsfnby macrumors regular

1. i'm not sure what your asking???

2. When you sync your iphone with your computer, it's a two way sync. That means it syncs new information onto your iphone from your mac and from your iphone back on your mac. When you add anything that is synced onto your computer(ie, calendar, phone #s,etc.) to your iphone, then when it gets synced back to your computer then it will update your computer's info with the iphone's

hope this helps

3. DEAN616 thread starter macrumors member

I have hundreds of songs in itunes from cds that i converted to mp3 on my computer. I synced them to my ipod touch and iphone. If i want to keep them on both but want to delete them from my itunes library on my computer cause i dont listen on my mac, can i delete them without screwing something up the next time i sync my touch/phone.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

If you manually manage your iPhone by selecting the manually manage iPhone box on the iPhone Summary page then you can select the songs that sync and the ones that don't by dragging them. I don't think this will take the songs off if you have them out of your iTunes library.

David

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not a good idea to have the only copy of your music be on your touch/iphone. If they are lost or damaged, your music would be gone, and you'd have to rip them again from your cds. Also, if and when you upgrade to a newer ipod/iphone, there's no simple way to transfer the music from your old ipod to the new one. Extra storage media like flash drives and external hard drives aren't that expensive. Consider investing in one if you value your music collection.