2 things.. Game forum to include ipad & mobile gaming | post counts.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by MRU, Apr 3, 2010.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

From observation; it seems pretty much that the games section under Apple games is restrained by it's users to Apple desktop & laptop hardware or boot camping, whilst the console section obviously applies to all other 'consoles' and 'handhelds'.

However discussions on iphone game apps seems to have remained pretty much within the iphone subsection and not in the 'gaming' section of the fora.

Sat 3'rd April has arrived..

With a marked emphasis on improved gaming and all the range of nearly full priced games that are about to flood the market with the arrival of the iPad, I was wondering if it would be advantageous to have another subsection within the Gaming section to cover iPad & iPhone gaming and encourage posts and feedback as well as user reviews and such in that area.

Is it a viable idea firstly? As one of the most active members of that section i'd be willing to offer any additional help or workload that another section may bring.

And second to that (and an issue in itself) would it be possible if we could now start having our post's 'count' reinstated. I'm sure many of us on that section have thousands of posts that are have not been counted on our post count since it was introduced to kerb antisocial behavior.

In the scheme of things here it feel as if we are insignificant, even if we spend a large amount of time discussing and helping each other and many others out. We are mac users after all, and the problems of the old console & gaming sections seem to have sorted themselves out in their own way (and not because of simply post's not counting).

I realise many users here do not care about their post count. That's fair enough and I respect that. However for some of us who have been here since 2005 - it acts like a lack of appreciation for the time and effort we have put into keeping the section alive.

Thank you for your consideration in these matters.

MRU

2. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Good site in itself.

But having to 'leave' the macrumors site itself is not an answer really. All it shows is that the 'gap' is there for a subsection.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I agree, and the crowd over there just isn't the same as here. Plus they have wildly different moderator standards over there.

It *has* been getting better, though.