2 things! Just curious!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ry23, Jul 13, 2013.

1. ry23, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013

ry23 macrumors member

So I've noticed when in the messages app, when I try to access the control center it won't work? I've tried hundreds of times and it miraculously worked once! It works everywhere else, just not in the messages app. Oh and I should say it doesn't work when the keyboard is up. If it is down it works perfectly.

Number 2: as people have noticed in beta 3, in the messages app, when you press "contact" the icons appear now. So where I'm going with this is, 3 icons appear, a phone (phone call), the video camera (FaceTime), and the info icon. Well if you press the phone icon it asks if you want to make a voice call or FaceTime. Isn't that kind of redundant? And if the point of having those icons appear is for quickness and efficiency, so why would you have to press 2 things? It should just call when you press it. Right? Lol

Edit: Nevermind its FaceTime audio or phone call :/ whoops!

But the control center thing is still an issue :)

2. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Yeah I have the same problem with opening control center in messages when the keyboard is up, but I just swipe down or go to the previous page to access control panel. But it is a minor annoyance.

3. r-m macrumors 6502a

I think the control centre not showing when a keyboard is on screen is intended functionality.
    In beta 1 (possibly 2 too), I had the control centre pop up whilst I was typing (after hitting space... my fingers move so fast it sometimes picks up the moving away too ;-) ). Sometimes it would only get part way. I was going to file a bug report about it, suggesting it not show up when the keyboard is on screen, but never got round to it.
    I guess plenty of other people had the same issue as me too!

4. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Well I could understand if they didn't update the swipe up action for the control center. In betas 1 and 2, when I was playing any sort of game or anything that requires swiping, I would always inadvertently open the control center. However in beta 3 they changed it and now control center requires 2 swipes, the first swipe will show an up arrow then the 2nd swipe will bring up the full control center, and this fixed the whole problem of inadvertently bringing up the control center. So now it just seems as it's a bug with the keyboard, and I hope it'll be changed.

5. r-m macrumors 6502a

Yeah I like the arrow in other places now, like notification centre has always had. I hope developers of non-fullscreen apps can enable it too as they wish (like Twitter, when viewing a page/photo and you try pulling up the tweet at the bottom).

However, I still hope control centre stays completely disabled when a keyboard is on screen. Even showing the little arrow at the bottom of the screen would still result in too many false calls for me. I had to change the way I type to stop it happening so much, so the arrow would surely get hit again and pull up control centre.
    I guess whichever way apple go with this, they're definitely not going to please everybody.

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

This must be an iPhone bug because control center behaves just fine within Messages on the iPad.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

As in you can bring it up when the keyboard is up on the screen already? Seems like they might have disabled that (in beta 3) for usability reasons.

8. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Yep beta-3 on iPad.
    Control center works fine in Messages with keyboard or not.

9. ominx macrumors 6502

Activating Control Center is finiky with the keyboard... but it works on my iPhone 5 Beta 3. Try a really quick swipe up from either of the bottom corners. I've found it's a little more reliable that way.

10. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Maybe not a bug on the iPad as it has more screen area? I'm not running 7 on any of my pads but guess that could be a reason. I'm digging 7 either way lol.

Does not work on my i5 b3 from corners, middle, anywhere.

11. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I believe they increased the press sensitivity required for Control Centre to come up when keyboard is already on ... try pressing a little harder on screen while swiping ... works 100% for me

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

I think it might depend on whether or not your last focus is on the actual typing area of the on screen keyboard. If I have the keyboard up but I tap on the messages above maybe to scroll just a tiny bit (so that the keyboard still stays up) and then try to bring up the Control Center, it works, but if I then focus back to the typing area by tapping on it (and maybe typing a letter or something like that) and then try to bring up the Control Center, it won't work (no matter how hard I press, how fast or slow I do it, if I do it from the center or the corner, etc.).