2 Things that annoy me so far. Solutions?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jimmyjoy, May 18, 2015.

1. jimmyjoy macrumors member

So I've had the watch for around 10 days now. Really pleased with how well it integrates with iPhone.

So far there are 2 things that annoy me slightly (well the 3rd is 3rd-party apps not having access to the HRM but I'll ignore that for now).

1. Notifications when using the Workout app, or any running app.

I run with my dog (german shepherd) on a lead in my right hand. I've been enjoying using the workout or 3rd party running apps but I wish there was a way to disable other notifications while using these apps. I'm in a group message on twitter and whilst running I kept getting notifications. It was frustrating to have to try to press dismiss every time a notification came to see the details of my run, especially with a dog on the other arm. Anybody know of a solution to prevent this? Perhaps enable Do Not Disturb before setting off?

2. The auto-screen turn off.

I understand why this is important for battery life and for glancing at the watch in general but I feel there should be an option for each app that lets you select if you want to screen to auto switch off or not after a few seconds. One example is when running or looking at the live heart rate data. I'd rather not reply on it switching on whilst using the workout app and if looking at the live heartrate glance it will have to remeasure everytime the screen goes off. A second example would be Shazam. Shazam works pretty well on the watch (apart from a few crashes) but if you click the lyrics button it will start to highlight the lyrics as the song plays. This is great but after about 10 seconds the screen goes off. I'd rather it didn't.

2. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Try the DnD thing, that should work

No real solution here. Ive taken up the habit of just spinning the crown back and forth when waiting for something, to keep the screen on

3. jimmyjoy thread starter macrumors member

Yeah cheers for the reply. I think DND should do the trick.
    I think in a future update it would be good if we could specify settings for individual apps. A 'Do not allow notifications whilst using' and 'keep screen active' option for each app would be great, for me at least.