2 to 3 weeks now on all 'new' iPads!!!

ultravioletfly

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
I expect this to jump to 4-6 weeks like it did last year. I expect this to happen before the March 16 launch. Insane demand.

Karr271

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
I'm not shocked that the wait is now 2-3 weeks. Sort of shocked at how long it took and the jump from march 19th to 2-3 weeks.

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Damn... I had pre-order for 2 iPads (32GB White Wi-Fi) and I changed it to only 1 32GB White 4G. I should have kept the previous order for eBaying. Oh well.

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
Was surprised that they didn't run out of launch supply for few days. They must've had large initial supply this time around. Glad preordered on the first day and already shipped. :p

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Yea for nerd-exclusivity. :D This is my reward for ordering as soon as I got home on iWednesday. :D Going to be tempting to sell mine for a huge profit though.

Scalping?

People say it's supply and demand, but selling high at stressful times could become very bad indeed (the extreme of this is a disaster).

Of course you can't compare this to a disaster.......yet :D

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Scalping?

People say it's supply and demand, but selling high at stressful times could become very bad indeed (the extreme of this is a disaster).

Of course you can't compare this to a disaster.......yet :D
I think its a little different to buy one and wait for the shortage to end than to buy 50 and cause the shortage in the hope of profit.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I think its a little different to buy one and wait for the shortage to end than to buy 50 and cause the shortage in the hope of profit.
it's really tempting to do this. I don't know, it just feels uncomfortable, like selling drugs or something. :D

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I wonder how many initial orders were bought by scalpers. Since pre orders were available so long maybe some scalpers bought dozens of units.

It would be funny if there was such an abundance of scalped units that the scalpers will have a hard time moving them, especially if Apple catches up.

I also wonder if scalpers will be the majority of the folks in line. At this point anyone who is a fan and wanted one already pre ordered so presumably has no need to be in line.

cpucrash0

macrumors regular
May 25, 2010
Texas

Just hope amazon gets some soon. Have $500+ in gift cards waiting to go.
amazon isn't getting iPADS. They didn't get any iPAD 2 ever so I don't think they will get any iPADS. Amazon wants the Kindle Fire to sell and that's why they probably aren't going to be selling them on there. But you will find that there will be third parties selling them for a huge profit.

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
Yeah I heard that before. Lol.

A trip to the Apple store changes that quick!
lol! so true! I saw the video of the new version on apple's website and that sold me on upgrading to the 3 instead of getting the cheaper 2, I feel if I am going to upgrade I may as well get the newer one.

scriptlol

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
I wonder how many initial orders were bought by scalpers. Since pre orders were available so long maybe some scalpers bought dozens of units.

It would be funny if there was such an abundance of scalped units that the scalpers will have a hard time moving them, especially if Apple catches up.

I also wonder if scalpers will be the majority of the folks in line. At this point anyone who is a fan and wanted one already pre ordered so presumably has no need to be in line.
I don't think it really matters how many of them were taken by scalpers. If there weren't very many, the prices will inflate more than usual and a lot of well intentioned folks who ordered for themselves will succumb to the temptation to hop on the scalping wagon (not judging, I would do it myself if the prices go high enough), so you get a bunch of new scalpers to even out the prices. Either way, its always fun to see what the market-determined price of a new electronics gadget is during the first few days.