2 ultimate 13 air side by side, interesting BLUE TINT discovery!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by GadgetGeek407, Aug 17, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012

GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

So I have a brand new CTO 2012 AIR 13 inch 512SSD 8gb ram, samsung everything, I was having issues and they sent me a new one.

When I turned the new one on tonight, to my own surprise and contrary to the screen having a blue tint debate, my whole screen had that blue tint, it was a samsung screen of a different variant not the LT but LTS or what not. In any case I got upset that I would have to send this one back too. Could not believe samsung would be this obvious in the blue tint issue.

I went into display settings and when I pressed calibrate under color it said there was no default color profile found! I knew something was wrong

I opened up MAC APP STORE cause it had ML preinstalled vs my original machine did not. There was a firmware update available for the replacement mac. Upon on doing the firmware update it restarted and everything was fine and colors were looking the same as the original machine and now had a default color profile too.

What exactly was in that firmware update that would be not already come on the machine? Kind of weird and bothersome but glad I found out before I would have called Apple and had them built me another machine for no reason.!

2. tim100 macrumors 65816

same thing happened to me. i have a blue tint thread on here. you should change the title to your thread so others with this issue can post here. i wonder if any others have had blue tint?