Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoomy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
i got a silly question here. ive been googling a lot but didnt find anything about that topic.

is it possible to have 2 mouse pointers and 2 keyboards active at the same time, allowing 2 ppl to use the mac pro?

as an example my friend and me wanna play wow together w/o having to drag his pc over to me. I do have 2 screen so thats np and my mac pro can run 2 instances of wow very good. now id just need a way to allow both of us to use each task at the same time.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Nope, don't think it's possible. Your only hope might be to set up some sort of virtual machine, but I think even then multiple input devices of the same type won't work.

yoomy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
You're going to want direct hardware access for 3D games. Even with hacked terminal services via Aqua Connect you're not going to be able to game.

i dont quite understand that. i mean i can already launch 2 wow games at once, and have them both active showing on the screen next to each other.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I know the software exists for other OSs i don't know about OS X though.

http://userful.com/ Is a linux/windows version. I have found hardware based windows version to, but i can't find a mac version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.