2 VGA Sources to 1 monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Chase817, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Chase817 macrumors member

Chase817

Hey guys, I'm in need of a little help. I have gained enough money to purchase a mac mini thanks to Christmas. The thing is that I want to connect it to my VGA monitor, but I would like my Xbox to stay connected to the monitor as well, so I am not switching cables all the time. Is there a way to do this? I will of course be using a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter for the Mac. Is there a dual VGA to single VGA adapter with a switch on it or something to select the source? Any help is appreciated, and I wish all of you have had a merry Christmas :).

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Your TV would have to support some type of dual picture or picture in picture feature. It's really up to the quality of your TV.

3. Chase817 thread starter macrumors member

Chase817

My monitor only has a single VGA port, so I was wondering if there was an adapter to be able to switch sources with ease. (This is really just a convenience problem.) I just want the Xbox and the Mac to be able to switch off on the same monitor without the hassle of changing the cables.

4. xyzzy-xyzzy macrumors member

5. Chase817 thread starter macrumors member

Chase817

Sorry for being a noob, but what exactly is a KVM?

6. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

7. Chase817 thread starter macrumors member

Chase817

Oh, cool. That was what I was looking for, do you know if it would work fine for my Xbox? All it needs is video, no sound, keyboard or mouse is needed.