Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yes. When you're using multiple monitors, and the Mirror Displays option is not checked, so that they show different things, then when you open up System Preferences and go to the desktop section, you should get two separate desktop image selection windows -- one on each monitor. And each one controls the image seen as wallpaper on that monitor.

andrewheard

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Well that sounds great. Does anyone know if the iMac supports monitor spanning while in windows xp? I'm under the impression that the apple/ati drivers are fully functional with bootcamp so I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem.

mikehowett

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2006
UK
andrewheard said:
Well that sounds great. Does anyone know if the iMac supports monitor spanning while in windows xp? I'm under the impression that the apple/ati drivers are fully functional with bootcamp so I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem.

I tried to do this but couldn't get it working, then again I didn't spend that much time trying:eek: One thing I did try was Ultramon, but it didn't work??:confused:

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
20rogersc said:
You'll have to download Screen Spanning DOctor.
Although it is a hack, it works fine.

::20ROGERSC::
Yeah, you only need that for the iMac G4/5. :D

displays.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.