2 Websites, 1 Mobile me account?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by gusanitoverde, Apr 23, 2009.

1. gusanitoverde macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

Dear friends,

I have been a mobile me (.mac) member for already years. I have developed my family website with iWeb and published with Mobile me and ended up getting a domain name form GoDaddy.com making my website far more accessible for my family and friends.

I don't know HTML and having a WYSIWYG program has been excellet for me to build a nice website. :)

However, now, I am about to start a business and I'd like to put a website as my only means of advertising. I just wrote a book and the new website will be to create anticipation and promote it.

I have paid the additional domain, but I still have 1 Mobile Me account. I know that iWeb now supports multiple websites, so I ordered a copy of iLife 09.

How exactly do I link the 2 domains to my 2 websites in iWeb? I have read somewhere that if i wanted to do that I should buy a family pack.

I am clueless. 2 domains, 1 mobile me account. is that possible?

Another choice would be to leave my family website alone, and forward the business domain to wordpress.

Would Wordpress be a good choice for a blog to promote my book? Is Wordpress as manageable as iWeb to make a website?

Thanks.

2. macgrl macrumors 65816

3. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

I don't mind getting a family pack.

Thanks for your guidance. I guess it does make sense.

4. macgrl macrumors 65816

No problem at all, there are plenty of fairly cheap hosting sites out there so it shouldn't too big a problem sorting it out but it will mean having to pay something. There are a number of free hosting sites such as synthasite but they may not meet your needs. Best of luck :)

5. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

Thank you so much.

I guess for people like me that have not much knowledge on HTML, we are left to pay services like iWeb/Moblie Me that lets us do what we want with relative control without the code.

All I want is promote my book.

I want people to participate in a blog. That's why I was also looking at WordPress, which seems to be better as a blog, since that's what it's main functionality seems to be.

Mobile me seems to do that, but not as clean...

6. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Do yourself a favor

Do yourself a favor and have a look at these for developing your business site:

SquareSpace: http://www.squarespace.com/

SquareSpace is an amazing "online" website developing tool and takes care of hosting too...

RapidWeaver: http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

RapidWeaver is far more powerful then iWeb, but is as easy to use. They do not host.

7. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

Rapidweaver...

I am seeing that it is certainly the next step. But I could only handle WYSIWYG type of programs. Doesn't RW require at least base knowledge on code?

I could go through a learning curve, but truly don;t have the time to commit to learn HTML or something like that.

What are your impressions?

Many thanks for your replies.