2 week old iphone 6s Plus bricked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Dec 15, 2015.

1. NovemberWhiskey, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015

NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I was messaging just prior to the brick. Saw the messages hanging at the end of the status bar. Never went through. Then the phone locked in landscape mode a few times. This has happened a few times before, but no brick.

This time, however, the phone restarted, and got stuck at the Apple logo. Hard reset did not help. DFU restore did not work. When I got to the plug into itunes sign, I would connect, and it said it could not read iphone because it was locked. I tried for over an hour, and when I finally was able to restore, it said it could not because of a problem with the phone.

I kept trying, and eventually got a restore. Went through setup, and it hung on restore. Same problem. Had to go back into DFU mode to restore.

I was able to set it up as a new phone.

I reset again, and am trying to restore from icloud. It seems to be stuck at the apple logo again.

Do you guys think it is hardware problem that I should exchange for? Or is it related to some backup I had?

I have the Samsung chip, although I'm sure that doesn't matter.

Edit Update:

I was finally able to get through with a clean restore, after many DFU attempts. Something still doesn't seem right (the progress bar in the restore process when two-ways (to left and right), but I was able to set up a clean phone again.

I did some testing, and I was able to wipe, and restore from an older icloud backup in november.

However, when i try to go back and restore from an icloud backup from yesterday, it bricks again stuck in icloud restore process.

Does that mean the hardware is ok, and it is a bad icloud backup?

2. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

Looks like hardware issue. Could be flash memory by the signs.

3. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

It doesn't.
    Like John said, it looks like a faulty flash chip. My money is on the memory too. :)
    A trip to the Store will solve your problem.
    Best of luck.

4. BradWould macrumors 6502

BradWould

Honestly I think you've done your due diligence. You have tried more to fix the problem than most people would. I would bring it to the Apple Store.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I totally agree. It sounds like OP has gone above and beyond to rectify the issue.

@NovemberWhiskey , I'd set up an apt., and get a new phone. When you try to restore from backup, if it's an iCloud backup issue, you'll find out.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OP my daughter's phone experienced many of the symptoms you described and the Genius replaced the phone.