2 week old MBP 2011 damaged :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Irock619, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

So apparently there is a dent in the lower right corner of my new MBP. I am pretty upset because I have no idea how it happened. Anyways, Apple is awesome because they ordered a new top case and will repair for free. Here is a picture of the damage.

[​IMG]

Also can anybody tell me how to run a diagnostic on my computer to make sure everything is running correctly? Thanks!!

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

There is nothing in that corner except the HDD and its pretty far away from the corner...

3. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Do you know how to run a diagnostic? I just want to make sure there is no damage.

4. ctbear macrumors 6502a

I would be more concerned about that cover...it looks so out of place
    Are you sure it's not dropped?

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Try Google?

6. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I think you my be talking about the bottom plate. The cover is fine and the bottom plate is fine. It just looks weird because the case was dented and pushed up from the bottom plate. Once the case has been replaced the bottom plate will be flush again.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just have the Apple Store run the tests when they do the repair. If they were nice enough to replace the top case for free, might as well have them do the testing and replace anything else that's gone wrong.

8. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Thanks that's probably a better idea.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

There is no way this could have happened with out the user knowing. I would be looking at everyone who had access to this unit. This was more than a casual bump.

10. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

This might have happened at the airport when my friend pulled my bag out of the car and set it on the ground. I am not sure so I am not going to blame him. I have been traveling all day before that so it may be my fault. I just didn't notice it until I got to my hotel.

Either way I am glad that Apple is fixing this for free. Genius Bar quoted me $208 but because the computer is only two weeks old and he feels sorry for me they will waive the charge. I am having the part shipped to my local store so when I get home I can get it fixed asap. They could easily say no and I have to pay. I am very lucky to have a great Apple store near my house.