2 week til I pull the trigger, but I think I'm getting cold feet.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sinphase, Aug 9, 2013.

1. sinphase macrumors newbie

I was originally set on buying a refurbished standard 27", but now I'm not sure that the standard specs will meet my needs. I'm mainly going to be using it for standard stuff like web browsing and word processing, but I just recently got into the Total War video game series and have always wanted to experiment with editing the pictures I take with my SLR.

I'm going to get an external SSD to boot from, but will the standard 27" be enough for me? or should I invest in the 675MX one?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

iMac is fine for everything you listed.

Not sure about the game requirements so you should ask its developer about what they recommend.

3. richard13 macrumors 6502a

I don't play the game you mention but my general advice to anyone who games on an iMac is to get whatever the best video card option is available to you. You can't change it out later on. Besides, iMacs don't have the best video card options to begin with (understandably, considering the slim casing and heat dissipation characteristics). Also, consider that even if the lesser card is good enough for now, will it be good enough a couple years from now when you are playing an even more demanding game?