2 weeks iPhone - trip to service center

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by D4F, Oct 11, 2007.

1. D4F Guest

D4F

2 days ago my iPhone's speakers simply stopped working.
    Only way to talk was to use the provided headphones.

I'm disappointed.

I'm not even going to describe my conversation with one of the retarded 'geniuses' and his manager (Ft Lauderdale Galleria). They simply didn't see ANY flaws. rofl
    Apple store service - joke... and a cheap one. Never again for me and I did report them for their lack of knowledge.

Thx God the guy at 1-800-myapple was alright and actually handled the case ok.

Beware of all those cheap stores. those geniuses know nothing.

Now we'll see what Apple service decides.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

So you're saying that neither the Genius nor the manager could tell that your speakerphone didn't work? :eek:

3. D4F thread starter Guest

D4F

That's right.
    I was shocked. They clearly did not want to have my phone fixed and told me to go home.

4. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Are you sure it was actually broken? Several here on the site have reported their speakers not working until they plug and unplug the headset to reset it. It seems to be a common bug that doesn't require the phone going out for service.

5. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I feel there has to be more to this story. A tech isn't going to look at an iPhone with a non-functioning speaker and simply refuse to acknowledge it. Some missing info here, methinks!

6. D4F thread starter Guest

D4F

Just to update you guys I got the phone back from Apple service center today... replaced.
    Got a brand new unit and now I am going to the Apple store to talk to that manager who sent me home.
    This will be fun :D

7. Geffen macrumors 6502

That is odd that a manager at an Apple store would tell you to go home there has to be more to your story, i've been in Apple Stores and everyone has been nothing but helpful.