2 weeks with icloud/Ios5....

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by glen e, Oct 23, 2011.

1. glen e macrumors 68030

And I'm semi impressed......

nice to add a video wireless thru sync to itunes and then have it go to my ipad
    wireless sync nice but not "amazing"
    notifications "nice"

Dislikes:
    I have double entries in my iphone/ipad contacts - and no way to get rid of them
    iwork loses documents for no reason with no setting changes
    photo stream not instantaneous - sometimes hours before coming over...

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Very different for me.

Wireless sync = FREAKING AMAZING! I would sometimes go months without syncing, now everything is always up to date! Plus I can add things to my iTunes and it will be there in the morning (podcasts anyone!)

LOVE the new notifications, I get a LOT of emails in the day, and I can just glance at my phone and see if they are important.

no contact issues, but I merged my gmail and MobileMe contacts a while ago.

I haven't used iWork mobile in a while because I've been working a lot of w4 jobs this year, so I haven't had a lot of invoicing to do, so no comment.

Photostream never takes longer than 30 seconds to populate for me. I was watching my gfs comp while she was outside doing a project and taking pics, it was popping up almost instantly. Something wrong with your network maybe? And I really really love photo stream...I can actually get my phone pics on my comp without having to upload anything.

Overall I am really loving this update....waiting on my 4s next week...than I get to play with Siri!