2 Wierd problems since Mavericks

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ajinaz, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ajinaz macrumors newbie

First post here.

After I updated to Mavericks I have had these problems.

1. I start a video playing on YouTube but if the cursor moves on the video window, (say to click on the full screen icon) the video restarts. It only happens once each video. It happens on all browsers.

I have a video link to it happening but not sure of the policy for posting links.

2. My Apple mail no longer downloads from my work and home gmail accounts. The only way it will download new mail is to restart mail or right click inbox and take all offline and then take all back online. I hoped the 10.9.1 update would fix this but it hasn't.

Any help would be welcome.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Can't help, but I am having the same problem with gmail now. Accounts are listed as "online," but if you go to the menu Get New Mail..." the gmail accounts are all greyed out. You have to manually take "offline" and online again, and even then it will go back to greyed out. The odd thing is that it was working for me fine up till a couple of days ago; I haven't changed any settings at all.

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Hmm.

Based on a post at Apple, I tried running Keychain First Aid in Keychain Access. It didn't report any repairs, but now the option to Get New Mail seems to work; it's no longer greyed out. Go figure.