2 x iPhone 4 devices, 1 x iTunes - How to stop Syncing everything from Original?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mickyfin, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

I recently purchased an iPhone 4 for my daughter, and when I inserted her sim, and connected to my iTunes, and selected set up new iphone 4, it proceeded to sync all my apps onto her phone. It didn't sync all my music and photos thankfully, but it did all my contacts.

My question is, how can I keep both devices separate, and still use iTunes on my MBP to manage her content?

Thanks in advance!

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Connect a device to iTunes select the apps tab at the top, scroll to the bottom and un-check "automatically sync new apps", you can then select which apps get synced, when a device is connected.

You will have to split your contacts into separate groups, on the computer, and the select which groups to sync to what phone. Another option for contacts is to sync contacts on one phone to Gmail, and the other to, the computer.

The music can be managed by selecting "manually manage music" on the summary page. That setting will alow you to manually drag and drop music from iTunes to your phones.

The calendar can be split also, by making separate calendars on the computer, and selecting the appropriate one in iTunes.

3. Mickyfin thread starter macrumors 6502

Mickyfin