2 year old niece brought up System pref with shortcut. How?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacBoobsPro, Dec 12, 2008.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

My niece was poking away at my MacBook and somehow brought up System Preferences by clicking some combination in the bottom left of the keyboard. I think it may of involved the ~ key.

Does anyone know what it might be as it would be very useful?

Last week she managed to move the dock to the left of the screen instead of the bottom with what looked like a single keystroke. :eek: However there may of been some kind of trackpad swipe involved. :confused:

Anyhoo... system preferences short cut, what is it?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Are you smarter than a 2 year old? :D

To get to the Sound section in System Preferences, hold down the Alt key and press the button on your keyboard that is used to adjust the sound. The System Preferences will open and you'll be taken directly to the Sound panel.

To get to the Display section in System Preferences, hold down the Alt key and press the button on your keyboard used to adjust the screen brightness. The System Preferences will open and you'll be taken directly to the Display panel.

To get to the Keyboard & Mouse section in System Preferences, hold down the Alt key and press the button on your keyboard used to adjust the brightness of the keyboard back light (notebooks only). The System Preferences will open and you'll be taken directly to the Keyboard & Mouse panel.

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I just found the bit you quoted. :p Cheers. :)