20" 2.4 on it's way... by car! WOO HOO!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Sean Dempsey, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I had a friend pick up a 20" 2.4 from Vegas just now. Should be home with it tonight. He bought AppleCare for me without asking... so yay 200 dollars? Got a 2gig ram stick coming from OWC also.

I'm pretty stoked to have a home computer finally... been working off laptops for the last year. Plus, I got the 20" so I can easily move it from room to room, and even the bathroom (I have a TV tray I use while I do the morning constitution, just sit down and use the laptop on it).

I just hope the glare isn't too bad. I have young kids and I'd hate for them to be blinded.

man I CANT WAIT to be able to take my 60 hour work week up to 80 hours by working nights and weekends from home on my iMac!!!!111eleventy.

but seriously, I'm stoked.

2. docprego macrumors 65816

Sweet!! I just left the Apple store in Vegas too with my 24"!!!!

SO EXCITED!

3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

lol! Had my 20" 2.4Ghz iMac for just a week now. We are such geeks....:)

4. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

he said the place was shoulder to shoulder.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

All of you, enjoy your new machines. I've yet to see the new iMacs in person, but I do like how they look in pictures.

6. prs986 macrumors regular

You guys are in for a treat! I have a 20".......BEAUTIFUL!!! Glare is not bad at all! Once it's on you cant even see any reflections unless there is a light source shining right on it. but seriously.....you guys are going to be loving it!!

7. docprego macrumors 65816

If you mean it was busy then I have seen it MUCH busier. In fact I thought it looked kind of empty (relatively speaking) when I walked in.

8. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

he said it was packed, maybe it was a different time. was probably like 1:30. He was buying a MBP and the iMac, said he could barley get anyone to help him.

Fashion Show mall is where it was. WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!

9. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

10. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

he bought apple care with it, so apple would probably just replace it, amirite??
    :D:D:D:D:D

11. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

tell us on this thread when it gets hear and how u like it

12. FDX macrumors regular

13. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

No, unfortunatly (for both you and your friend) Applecare doesn't cover damages to the computer other than things they could have prevented. So don't drop it, don't pour liquids on it, and for jebus' sake, don't get it into a car crash!

14. dan7592 macrumors regular

Congrats. I have used the 20 inch and it is great. I currently have a 20 inch old imac. It is also great. You hardly notice the glare with the brightness of the screen.

15. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Wait can you please explain how you use the computer in the bathroom. And how the iMac fits into the picture? please ;)

16. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

TV tray. You just set the laptop on it and you can do your morning email and news surfing from ye olde throne.

Its here, I am using it. It feels so great. The 20" is perfect for what I wanted. The 24" was just too much for a dinner table machine. My cousin has the 24 and it just was too dang big. I'll spend my money on the 30" for the mac pro.

haven't done the photoshop test yet, gonna do that tomorrow when my ram is here.

Zero glare, btw. The "issue" about glare is such a joke. There's no funcitonal glare. There is a 5 bulb lamp directly over my right shoulder and it has zero effect.