20-24" Display suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Scarlet Fever, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I'm sick of photoshopping 10 megapixel images on my 13.3" MacBook display, so I've decided to get myself a new display.

I'm looking for something between 20" and 24" with a DVI connection for the MacBook, and either component or HDMI for an xbox if I got one. Full high-definition (1080+ pixels on the short end) would be nice, but not necessary. I'd like to spend under AU$1000 if possible.

I've heard Dell make some good displays, so I was having a look at them, and I found the 2408WFP. For AU$840, it looks a steal. Are there any other displays I should be looking at?

Cheers

2. bobdard macrumors regular

Go for it; I've had a couple Dell UltraSharps before and they're awesome; and this one has so many connectivity and adjustment options, its amazing! They had good design and quality, with a lot of options. It fulfills all your needs, and fits the bill nicely.

I would have said get a Cinema Display, but that would be slightly out of price range, and it wouldn't offer the inputs you wanted, so the Dell is an AMAZING choice.

3. hmai18 macrumors 6502

HP LP2475W

Read the review HERE

Bottom line: it'll give you outstanding colour accuracy once hardware calibrated, and has less input lag than the Dell2408, which will be nice if you hook that Xbox up.