20-30% any apple item!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ll PiStoNs ll, Oct 6, 2008.

1. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

If you use live search to search for an item, there will be an ebay ad on the side that says either 20% off for more expensive items or 30% off if you use buy it now or paypal.Microsoft will credit your account back with 20 or 30% percent of the price because they are trying to advertise for their search engine.
    Just make sure you buy it from a respectable seller or possible apple reseller.
    Heres an example
    http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=macbook&go=Submit&form=QBRE
    What do you guys think?

2. glide macrumors regular

Good deal, but that MS Cash Back program sucks. I made a legit purchase a few months ago and it was like pulling teeth with them to get the credit. I think it maxes out at $250 back - and after all was said and done it wasn't worth the amount of time going back and forth with them.

I would never participate in this promotion again.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Yeah, it's a forever-and-a-day to get your "cash" back. I agree with glide that it wasn't worth the time. If, on the other hand, you've got more time than money and really need to scrape, it's worth considering.

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Plenty of folks have gotten upwards of 750 back (multiple purchases) without a problem. You just have to wait 60 days for it to be redeemable from your live.com cashback account.