20" ACD light flashing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Digitaljim, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Digitaljim macrumors regular

Digitaljim

Hi guys

The small white light on my 20" ACD is flashing (short-short-long) repeatedly and it only comes on for more than 4 secs at a time every 1/10 attempts. Once past this it works fine, although perhaps a little less bright than my 17" Studio display as the brightness controls on the right of the display appear not be working now either.

I guess it's a backlight problem. Has anyone had the same symptoms? How did they rectify it? How much did it cost?

Any help greatly appreciated. :eek:

2. JackArc macrumors regular

JackArc

I wish I could help :( i fear something like this will happen to my beautiful acd

3. Digitaljim thread starter macrumors regular

Digitaljim

Still looking for help on this one if anyone feels kind.... :(

4. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

5. sturigdson macrumors regular

hey mate. obviously, you've found this document on the apple website discussing different flashing sequences and what they mean for your display... [I'm posting it for others to reference if they have a similar problem and if they search the threads]

I have the old, plastic style 20" studio display that had a backlight problem. This was several years ago. It was still under AppleCare warrantee.

I called Applecare, they had me reset the PRAM, which might help. When it did not, for me, I was forced to take it in to an apple service provider - apparently, even if I was capable, the pieces are too complex to service on my own.

The repair took about 1 week all told. For me, the screen itself went black- the lamp was completely dead. Your situation sounds different - I assume you can still use the system?

If you have applecare, it is likely covered.