20" Acd With Macbook Flicker

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jrichie, Nov 19, 2008.

1. jrichie macrumors regular

I have the new Ali MB hooked up to a 20" ACD and if the energy saver preferences are set to 'display sleep' the ACD will start to flicker on and off when it tries to sleep, until it is unplugged and re-attached.

Is anyone else having this issue?

It is quite annoying, and I have had to put the energy settings to 'never sleeps' for the display.

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Yep i've got the same issues with my Dell 24". It works, as you say, when I detach it.

3. tstram macrumors newbie

I have the same problem as well. A 20" ACD with the new Macbook. I thought it was just me...

4. jrichie thread starter macrumors regular

So it's not the ACD............

I wonder who else has this issue or just a few of us.

I bought the MB over the MBP on purpose to hook up to the external monitor!

This isssue did not happen straight away though, as when I first attached it, all was fine.

I hope this is not a video card issue.

5. tstram macrumors newbie

I tried a new MBA also and it had the same problem. An older CD2 MBP works fine without this issue.

6. manuel.mx macrumors member

this problem seems to be common, there are 2 treads in apple support forums, some people, like me, have noise in the image at all times and doesnt happen with other computers.

Some claim that a fix is on the way.

A work around for this is to sleep the displays when this happens and wake them again, the 2nd time will be with no noise.

You can do that by setting a corner of expose to do so, or by pressing CONTROL+****+EJECT which will sleep the displays.

7. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

Having the same probs, screen blanking out. Im getting really frustrated with this. I hope its software-related. MB in sig connected to Samsung SyncMaster 2043NW