20" Acrylic Apple Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TSE, Mar 19, 2010.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hey guys my mom just got a new monitor for her TiBook that she uses full time (great machine :)). Anyways, she is replacing her 20" Acrylic Apple Display with it, so she has decided to give me the Apple Display. :D

She has the ADC to DVI connector, and I just got a DVI to HDMI connector because my laptop (HP DM3) doesn't have DVI.

I know it has a 1680x1050 resolution and all the basic stuff, but Apple's spec sheet doesn't have what kind of panel is in it, etc. So that's what I'm curious about. Is it IPS?

I am also curious how this Apple monitor's display quality is compared to the LCD monitor's of today.

Thanks! ;)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the help, but that doesn't include any more info on the monitor than Apple's spec sheet. :(

4. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok guys I got it!!!

One question though... how do I turn it on?!?!?!?! Seriously!!! :D

5. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

There is a touch sensitive button on the front of the display, on the bottom right corner. Make sure you have the ADC -> DVI adapter plugged into AC power.

6. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay, so I got the DVI to HDMI adapter today, and everything works as expected.... the display isn't very bright but it is ~7 years old! I am very happy! :D

7. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Lcd

Since you didn't state the result of your search, I will...

It's an IPS

My old 2003 Apple 20" still looks much better than my brothers 2009 Samsung TN 20"