$20 App Cost Back?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Resist, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Anyone know if you can get your $20 back for buying the apps if you return or exchange your Touch? I am thinking about taking my 8GB Touch back to Costco for a full refund or maybe exchanging it for the 16GB version.

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Idk,
    I see it possible if you bought it directly from Apple, but I wouldnt think Costco would do that.

3. CVV1 macrumors member

CVV1

Can't you just make put all the settings in the new ipod? I thought you could do a back of the ipod.

4. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Im not sure if that would back up apps.

What would stop you then from simply taking your friends touch, and giving him the apps?

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Which is apparently possible, according to several reports on this forum.

6. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Well, first of all, you can't exchange a $300 piece of equipment for a $400 piece of equipment.
    Also, I'm almost positive you can just install the apps onto the new iPod.
    And as it has been said, since you bought it from Costco and they do not sell the apps, I HIGHLY doubt that they will refund you money that you did not at first hand over to them.

7. albinoAZN macrumors regular

I'm not sure if the OP is actually asking if Costco will give him the $20 back. I'm sure that if you contact apple they will probably help you transfer to apps to your new 16gb, though I'm not sure if you will be able to get a refund.

8. 619 macrumors member

9. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I was not saying I want Costco to give me my $20 back. Nor was I saying I would equally exchange my 8GB for a 16GB Touch. I expect Costco to refund me the amount I paid them for the 8GB Touch or I could buy a 16GB Touch from Costco by exchanging the 8GB and paying the price difference.

So I guess I was really asking if Apple will give me my $20 back so I can buy the apps for the new Touch, should they not already come with the ones at Costco. Or will Apple just give me the $20 apps if I buy a newer 16GB version at Costco that doesn't come with them?

10. niele macrumors member

I actually thought about asking when I bought my 16gb at costco last weekend but they had the price at $369 so figured I made out $10 on the deal....:D

11. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Thought about asking what?

12. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

After numerous complaints to Apple I finally got my $20 back for the Apps. Finally justice! Thanks Apple.