Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zweigand

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003
Anyone else receive multiple battery alerts every time your battery gets around 20%? Not sure if I've got a funky battery, or if it's commonplace. My battery life doesn't seem to be horrible, so it's more of an annoyance than a problem.

Blacklabel34

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Orange County
Anyone else receive multiple battery alerts every time your battery gets around 20%? Not sure if I've got a funky battery, or if it's commonplace. My battery life doesn't seem to be horrible, so it's more of an annoyance than a problem.
^Yes its normal, mine does the same. Mine also starts acting weird (sluggish, closes apps, etc once it gets below 20%) But so does my iPhone and iPad.

caspersoong

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2011
Yes with my iPod touch 4g. And I don't even get a 10 percent warning. Using voiceover, the battery percentage when I tap the icon on the status bar is different from the one when I tap on the charging device icon.

slomifier

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2008
MIGHT be able to explain some of the weird behavior.
Apple, for reasons known only to apple actually limited the accuracy of the battery level readings. If you get certain apps through cydia (highest accuracy) or even the app store (better, but not great), you can get a better reading than the OS will provide.

I had this weird thing happen. I had a app from cydia that monitored the battery, and it used a high acc setting. Because there were 2 different "battery formulas" being used at once, I think it confused the device, cause right after I installed the app, the multiple battery messages started.

codman1004

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
MIGHT be able to explain some of the weird behavior.
Apple, for reasons known only to apple actually limited the accuracy of the battery level readings. If you get certain apps through cydia (highest accuracy) or even the app store (better, but not great), you can get a better reading than the OS will provide.

I had this weird thing happen. I had a app from cydia that monitored the battery, and it used a high acc setting. Because there were 2 different "battery formulas" being used at once, I think it confused the device, cause right after I installed the app, the multiple battery messages started.

Cydia is instaled into the system file so it is right in the middle of the alerts, So your probly right that it did get confused.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Never seen such a problem on iPhone 3gs, 4, iPad, iPad 2.

Maybe contact Apple for support?

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
I've always had this happen on my previous iPod touch(es). I'm not sure why, but I believe that the software is just estimating the remaining battery in a far less accurate way than on the iPhone. I'd notice that it would alert me to 20% or 10% remaining battery, and then I would notice the battery indicator seeming to rise slightly before I received another alert.

Last edited:

aNYthing24

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2010
NY
It always happens to me. I think it's because whenever I reach 20%, it goes back up to 22-23% if I don't use it for a minute and when I use it again it goes back down to 20%. It gets very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.