20" Cinema Display or 24" LED Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 3N16MA, Aug 20, 2009.

1. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Here is my situation, I have a 24" LED cinema display that I bought refurbished and it has worked great. However my uncles friend has two sealed 20" cinema displays that he bought in October 2008 from Best Buy, he purchased them for his business but decided to go back in the corporate world and no longer runs his small business. He has stored them in his basement since then and has never got around to selling them. After relaying my interest about them to my uncle he contacted his friend and he is willing to sell both for $725 Canadian ($60 less than I spent on the 24") about $660 American. One of my friends is willing to buy my 24" LED cinema display for the same price I bought it for since mine has no dead pixels. The 20" displays still have 2 months of warranty and I can extend it with apple care. Is the price fair? and which one would you choose?

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

The question you should be asking yourself right now is, do you really need all that screen real estate? that and, do you need 2 monitors? The 24" LED monitor is a great monitor and unless you need 2 monitors for whatever reason, i would stick with the 24".

3. The Hammer macrumors regular

4. 3N16MA thread starter macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Well I just found out that one of the displays have been opened and the other sealed so it looks like I am going to stick with my 24". Hopefully a mod can lock this thread.