$20 Data Plan with used iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brettinlj, Jul 28, 2008.

1. brettinlj macrumors member

I currently have a Blackjack II (3G) and pay $30/mo for unlimited data. My friend just bought the iPhone 3G and is going to sell me his iPhone 2G for a good deal. Because its an iPhone 2G can I still get the $20/mo data plan?

Also, I assume I just sign up for the plan through iTunes (assuming I'm not unlocking the phone). Can I use my current 3G AT&T simcard?

2. FJR macrumors regular

yes, you can still use the iPhone data plan.

I would think you can use the sim, but I'd call at&t just to make sure.

3. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

yes, as long as you have a valid AT&T account you can still add on the $20 data plan.. that hasn't changed.

4. brettinlj thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. By "add on" I would assume you mean "change" because I already have the $30 plan. I will just give it a try with my current sim card and iTunes and see what happens. Wish me luck.

5. FJR macrumors regular

I can almost gurantee you that you are going to have to call at&t, but good luck.

6. brettinlj thread starter macrumors member

Call them to do what? Remove the old data plan?

7. FJR macrumors regular

Yes. Its been a long time since I activated on iTunes, but I seem to remember having a lot of trouble taking features off.

8. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Yes, by add-on I meant change.. I don't think you'd have to call though.. if you just restore the phone through iTunes and set it up as a new phone it should walk you through everything.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, definitely call AT&T (611) on your new iPhone and have them switch to the $20 iPhone Data Plan or else they'll continue to bill you the $30 Data Plan for all other Smartphones...:eek:

10. tomashi macrumors regular

it's been posted here, but everything should go through itunes unless the phone was hacked.